Design Engineering Lab

Spread the love

The Romanian government has adopted a new policy regarding the plight of Roma, who are often denied a work permit because they are considered illegal migrants. However, the new government has come under fire for implementing the same policies as former French president Nicolas Sarkozy. As a result, the country has been accused of dismantling illegal Roma camps and expelling them indiscriminately. The new government, however, has rejected the criticisms and defended its policy. Click here – https://lucrezineuropa.com

A Win-Win Situation For Both Countries

As a result, France has turned to Bulgarian and Romanian workers as short-term solutions to deal with the issue of Roma migration. The government has refused to offer the workers free access to the French labour market, citing their nationality. Critics claim that this policy puts Roma migrants in a difficult position as most jobs are off-limits to them. Regardless, it is a win-win situation for both countries.

According to the Ministry of Justice, about 90 percent of the 15,000 Roma in France are from Romania. The remaining 10 percent come from Bulgaria. While these workers are allowed to travel freely within the Schengen countries, many overstay their visas and engage in illegal activities. By 2014, these restrictions on Romanian and Bulgarian nationals’ right to work must be lifted. Since France joined the EU in 2007, the country is obliged to lift restrictions on Roma, but for now they require a work permit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.